Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ghosts And Goblins Under Your Hood?


Well yes, sometimes we think our vehicle is haunted with all the noises and performance issues that may come and go. I’m here to tell you that your vehicle is not as scary a place as you may think.  I’ve been doing this work long enough to know they’re just problems not found yet. Winter is approaching, and we need to prepare our vehicles for the cold times ahead. Have your technician give your vehicle a good look over and recheck your maintenance to see what has or has not been completed yet. Things to look at or service.  Pretty much everything. 

• If you use snow tires put them on about now or soon. 

• Have your cooling system tested for coolant freeze point, look at your tires, your brakes, and your transmissions get a good workout in the snow, check it. 

 • Have your battery tested and consider replacement at 3-4 years old.  

• Check that alignment and steering its hard enough maneuvering in ice and snow. 

• Don’t forget about the exterior wash and wax helps ward off acid rain, ice, and road salt. 

Finally you want to think like a boy scout, which I was one, “Always be Prepared”. Keep the emergency items in your car, a blanket, flashlight, water, rain gear, some high energy snacks that will last a while, something to start a fire, flairs, even a flair gun, their inexpensive and boats must carry them. I think cars should too. Carry some basic tools, jumper cables and rope. A small crate will not take up much room.

I will have some tips on getting unstuck in the snow in later issues.

Have yourself a safe Fall/Winter, drive carefully and be safe.

Kevin Albinowski
President: Keystone Tire & Auto Repair Inc.
195 East Sunrise Hwy.
Lindenhurst, NY, 11757
631-957-8473

6 comments:

  1. Winter driving advice always goes down well. I live on a country lane near a main road, and I always see more people in trouble on the gritted road than I do on the icy lane. The guys at Kingshurst Garage have a hard time on their hands repairing all of the damages in winter. I think people need to be a little more clued up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin,
    Thanks for the blog. Are you really in the UK? Let's have lunch one day. I'm In NY, not too far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing this information. I like this side. Its really a great article. So please give me some important information about this side.
    singapore car rent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Longislandlimo.Us. We are transportation company in Long Island NY. Our transportation services includes limousine service, car service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. 192.168.l.l

    ReplyDelete